Monday, February 22, 2010

Coats and Coats




How many mismatched gloves, lone shin guards, scribbled-in coloring books, coats nobody wears and outgrown hats does one family need? None, hopefully, because they're all gone. Once I got rid of all the stuff, it became apparent that Scott and I (Maybe just me?) have a problem with paint. I tried to throw out all the half-full gallons, but I could only part with two...beige and grey. Don't need those. I couldn't bring myself to toss Vintage Claret or Arizona, Pacific Bluffs or Purple Mountain Majesty. What would be funny is if we did stripes in the basement laundry room someday when it's finished. We could use all the paint that we've used in the other rooms of the house. Meanwhile, I've been working on another project: the violin shop playroom. I'll show you later, after I take all the old parkas to D.I. Now that the mudroom is bare, do you think it needs a coat of paint? I have a gallon of Eastern Seaboard that I've never used.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

It sounds like you and I are on the painting war path today. You're tackling the playroom and I've got the office on my to-do list. You know me.... I pretty plain Jane. I'm going for a gray, white, black and yellow vibe. We'll see if I can pull it off.

sws said...

don't you love a clean closet.....I ought to do that more often. It's amazing the sense of accomplishment over something so simple! Can't wait to see the laundry room. :)

Anonymous said...

What a difference! Clean feels good. I still really loved that first picture:)

laurel said...

Seriously, how do you do it all? Just the fact you paint, clean and have projects above and beyond all your kids makes you Iron Mom.