Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter and Aloha


Preparations are underway for the big Easter egg hunt tomorrow. I have a couple of the highly prized egg covers that Carolyn makes every year, and she is bringing more, I think, so watch for those. They are so cute! I'm trying to fill our eggs (50 dozen), but the kids...OK, me...keep eating the candy. This week has been so much fun because every time I come home, there is another bag of eggs on the doorstep! I haven't counted, but I think we have lots. I always worry that there won't be enough, but somehow, it always works out.

Getting a little ahead of myself, I perused the party store yesterday for Xanthe's luau birthday party. Instead of spending a hundred bucks on decorations, which would have been easy, I thought I'd go to YOU GUYS and ask: "Bring me your poor, your tired, your stored-up luau decorations!" Do you have any tropical decor, tiki torches, leis, paper products, whole pigs roasting in pits, teams of hula dancers? Can I borrow/have them? Thanks! And you know, the whole world is invited to this party, including you. Xanthe wouldn't have it any other way. If you don't have an invite, call me.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm glad the eggs are starting to pour in. Secretly, my kids and I are hoping the snow scares people away. :) We are not beyond saying we love chocolate and we want more of it. :)

I'll search the house for luau stuff. Not sure if I can help you out there. My go to source is always Oriental Trading for the leis.
Good luck! Jackson had to ask me several times if he was invited to the party. When I told him he was invited he let out a big, "YESSSSSS!"

Queen Elizabeth said...

50 DOZEN!?!?

Wow. Have fun!

Michelle said...

My kids and I are with Jennie! I will look for luau stuff too. somehow I was thinking we missed Xanthe's party, so glad we didn't!

Anonymous said...

Em can't wait for Xanthe's party...though we only have one lone lei to donate:) Hope tomorrow goes well!

The Brown Family said...

We have all kinds of stuff you are welcome to borrow for decorations. Lee will be up your way on Wednesday for work if you want him to stop by and drop anything off.

Also, we have the hula dancers, too. So let me know if you want them to dance at the party :)

Kim