Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Keys to Success

This is Xanthe with her "piano coach," Ellison.  They have been practicing together every morning this summer at 8:00.  Xanthe comes in pj's (or a swimsuit, Ruby's sweater and pink slippers, as the case may be) and they go through Xanthe's checklist.  Xanthe loves it and looks forward to practicing with Ellison.  I loved it because it saved me when I felt sick.  It was such a boost to know that at least one thing was done every morning.  Often, Sarah was baking something delicious for breakfast during the practicing and Xanthe would get a little plate of treats.  I think Xanthe wishes she could move in with Ellison's family!

Thanks, Ellison, for the great job you have done, and thanks, Sarah, for facilitating this thing.  It was the best idea we've ever had!  (Besides making cookies from ground wheat.  hee hee)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I thought that one sounded brilliant. Glad it worked!

love.boxes said...

I'm wondering if it would work to have Ellison coach Charity? :) Great job to both girls who were ready for practicing at 8 IN THE SUMMER! Hooray!

sws said...

I'm glad there was no dress code....you can see E was also in her pj's every morning (and so was I...) Glad you captured a fun part of summer 2011, maybe X can coach Josh next year? I'm sorry it's over. :(

Catherine said...

What a wonderful idea!! Glad the girls shared this time together each day and their dress code was the best!!