Sunday, August 28, 2011

Last Recital of the Week

And because two recitals in one week isn't quite enough, we had one more.  Ruby's summer guitar recital took place in her teacher's serene back yard with a reception afterward.  She practiced...um...hard?..for it. She really did, except when it was late at night and she got the giggles. 

I am so happy that Ruby fell in love with classical guitar.  I love it, too.  She said to me, "You're going to miss me when I'm in Spain for two months studying guitar and flamenco."  I said, "No I'm not, I'm going to be thrilled that you're there.  And I'm going to come visit you, too."  That's an experience that I hope is buried somewhere in Ruby's exciting future.  For now, a piece whose name I can't remember.  I just call it #5, as in, "Ruby, how are you doing on #5?  Come play it for me."  Good job, Ruby!  Except on that one part that I told you to practice more.  (She told me that she messed it up on purpose because I told her it wasn't ready.  Uh-huh.  She's definitely Scott's child!)

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Good job Rubes!!! You are all so talented.