Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Nana Ruby!



A 95th birthday is quite an accomplishment.  In Nana's own words, when I asked her if one of her friends was her age, "Nobody is my age.  Everybody my age is dead!"  Ruby and I went to visit Nana this afternoon, since we weren't able to go to the big Grand America bash this morning.  (Maybe it was just the "Older Generation" invited anyway?)  Nana's phone rang off the hook the whole time we were there, and we weren't the only visitors, either.  I don't know what Nana's secret is for staying so popular after 95 years, but I do know that she has Oreos and Sweet's Orange Sticks for guests.  I'm sure it's more than the chocolate that keeps us coming back, but Oreos can't hurt!

Thanks, Nana, for everything.  You're every bit as much a star as when you played the lead in The Desert Song.  You're still everybody's beacon of light, shining example and ray of hope.  We love you!

5 comments:

The homestead said...

I love Nana. I'm so glad to have her as an example in my life.

laurel said...

Happy birthday!!!!

Rita DeBry said...

Nana Ruby is literally an "angel" on this earth. When I grow up I want to be just like Nana! Rita

Kristi said...

What more can any of us hope for in are golden years? She's a lovely lady, as is her namesake.

Kristi said...

in OUR golden years. Awkward...