Friday, September 30, 2011

Scary, Big Spider

 Scared, but brave
Aunt Tricia gave the kids some cupcakes, but Ptolemy didn't want any.  He didn't even want to look at them.  He said, "I don't want a big potato bug on my cupcake."

I said, "It's not a potato bug, it's a spider!"  Like that's going to make it OK.  Nope.  Tolly said, "I don't want a scary, big spider on my cupcake."  He's going to have to get used to scary, ghoulish and frightful decorations and sugary treats.  Halloween is right around the corner!  In the end, sugar beat out the "scary, big spider" and Tolly was brave enough to lick the frosting off a cupcake...one of the ghost cupcakes, not the spider ones.  I can't believe he was scared.  He loves to watch Scooby Doo and say, "Scooby Doo!  Scary monster in there!"  He's always pretending there's a monster who is about to get him.  "The monster get me, Mom!  Monster in there!"   The cupcake phobia might have been just that Scooby and Shaggy weren't there to save the day in case the scary, big spider on the cupcake suddenly came to life or something.  When things get scary, ya gotta have Scooby Doo.  He loves cupcakes.

No comments: