Tuesday, September 27, 2011

When the E in Email stands for Embarrassing

From: nswenson@.net
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 2:49 PM
To: circe@.com
Subject: Tuesday Field Trip


Dear Parents,
On Tuesday morning we will be going to Dr. Rampton's Orthodontist office. The permission slip did not get passed out today so please be sure to watch for it to come home with your student on Monday.  Sign it and return it on Tuesday morning. If you do not want your child to attend the field trip you can even email me and I will make other arrangements for them here at school.
Thanks,
Mrs. Swenson

 ___________________________________________________________________________________________
From: circe@.com
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 11:34 AM
To: nswenson@.net
Subject: Tuesday Field Trip
 

Hi! Araceli doesn't want to go on the field trip. She was just at the ortho this morning! :) Can she stay at school? If not, I'll keep her home until after. Thanks! Circe



From: nswenson@.net
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 2:49 PM
To: circe@.com
Subject: Tuesday Field Trip


 This field trip would be for Freestone 3rd grade.

Thanks,
Mrs. Swenson


_______________________________________________________________________________

From: circe@.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2011 9:14 AMM
To: EVERYBODY
Subject:  Warning: I Am Losing It


Now I remember:  Freestone has Mrs. Swenson.  Araceli had Mrs. Swenson last year.  When I told Ari about the field trip and accused her of losing the permission slip, she mused, "Hmm...nobody has mentioned it.  And we did that last year!"  Still, no red flags.  No dawning of understanding in my mind.  Not until the email.  Only then did I find the permission slip in Freestone's backpack.  On the bright side, I did laugh about it all evening, which probably made me look crazier than I really am, driving around in my car cackling.  Or maybe I really am that crazy.  You'll have to ask Mrs. Swenson.



10 comments:

Nate said...

That is really funny! Glad you are laughing about it too:)

sws said...

This has me cackling too! (and I love that word)

Jennie said...

So funny! I felt a little like that today when I was working on J's "missing assignment" that he never brought home.

Michelle said...

Yep, I am cackling too! Sometimes it is just too hard to keep all the balls in the air!

The homestead said...

Blame in on the pregnancy. Works for me. no I have no excuse.

Amanda said...

Hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh today!!!

Jennifer said...

I say send Xanthe on this field trip too so you won't have to worry about it in 2013.

The Brown Family said...

You are so wonderful! This was just what I needed to read tonight.

Kim

laurel said...

Oh my gosh! This is so dang funny.

Catherine said...

So funny! Isn't it great when we get to laugh at ourselves?

Thanks for the morning chuckle!