Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Let's Play a Game

 Well, Autumn came right on schedule, didn't it?  The clouds seem to have brought with them a menacing feeling of anxiety.  I am so NOT on top of my game!  So I decided to post a picture that makes me happy and invite you to do the same on your blog.  Post a happy, funny, good moment that makes you smile and that just might make me smile too!  Leave me a comment so I can visit you.

This is my picture.  I love it because I heard horrible noises coming from the TV room when the kids were supposed to be practicing.  I marched in there, thinking I was going to have to reprimand somebody, and Ari and Freestone were collaborating on Minuet One.  It sounded awful because Freestone was in A Major and Ari was in D Major, but I resisted the urge to step in and ruin their fun.  I just snapped a photo and backed away, letting them play.  For every hundred times I do the mom thing wrong, it's nice to feel like you got it right once in awhile.  Never has poly-tonal music sounded so sweet.

Anyone else have a happy thought?  Come on, we could all use a few!  :)



3 comments:

Ernstfamilyfun said...

An older woman in Paul's primary told Paul it was her birthday and she wasn't happy about it because it meant she is getting old. He told her, "you aren't getting older- you are getting more huggable!" It made her day and it made mine that I have such a sweet, and clever boy.

Maria said...

This is my hope in my house. That the kids will one day be able to appreciate music in it's true form!:) Great Job Ari and Freestone! Keep up the hard work!

Michelle said...

I wanted to take a picture at the movie last night or at lunch today because those two events have been my happy thought but I was too busy talking my head off! Don't know what I would do without you girls to use as a sounding board!