Monday, November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving. Oh, and Christmas.

Scott and I are hosting Thanksgiving for the little King family, and I'm so excited!  (Of course, we'll still get the delicious Dopp dinner on Friday.  We couldn't pass that up!)  We have our menu of everyone's favorite dishes, including roasted veggies, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and jello with apples, mandarin oranges and walnuts.  Felshaw is doing the turkey, Coco her famous stuffing, Ruby will whip the cream and table setting plans are in place.  Guests are in charge of desserts.  It's fun to plan the details of a big event for a small crowd.  Just for fun, what are your favorite dishes/activites/traditions/table ideas for Thanksgiving?  Tell me your favorites!

Oh, and since it's almost Thanksgiving, my Christmas cards are nestled all snug in their envelopes waiting for addresses.  If I don't have your address and you want a Christmas card, email me.  If I keep sending you Christmas cards and they're really annoying to you, well, email me and tell me to stop!  :)  And maybe if you give me a good idea for Thanksgiving, I will.

8 comments:

grandma gus said...

I am your biggest fan....an underground blog snoppin' sewer rat!!!! I want a card as you sent last year, so should have my address. Just letting you know that I don't want to miss your greeting!!!!

Grandma Gus!

Jennie said...

You are so on top of it. We haven't even taken our pictures yet. :) I just barely got Ryan on board to doing pictures and that took a bribe. I think the beach fiasco from last year is still fresh in his mind. :)

Hopefully you have my address. :)

As for traditions, I think the kids love the Jello cups. I love the yams and all the salads and all the pie. :) How is that for not being too specific. :) Oh, and do you think I could add one more smiley face to this thing. :) :) :)

Michelle said...

We do the three wheat/corn kernels on the plate and everyone has to tell three things they are thankful for. Fun, but it does get long. Do it before dinner is totally ready!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great..will be thinking of you!..Don't forget the cranberries, yams, and parsnips!...Mmmmm..getting hungry already!..We will be going to Sarah and Roland's..will be sending our best wishes and thinking of you and all the
wonderful Thanksgivings we have spent together...Love, Tricia XO

Queen Elizabeth said...

Spencer's Green beans and Sausage stuffing are my favorite. Just being with family is fantastic. Have fun!

Nate said...

We love your cards. Keep sending please:)

Amanda said...

Holy cow! I can't believe you've got Thanksgiving planned and Christmas cards done. I'm hosting Thanksgiving and I haven't even started thinking about it yet. I guess I better get going! What you're planning sounds good. Maybe we'll just do that!

sws said...

My kids like to make a pilgram collar or indian hat and wear it to the dinner. I wonder if they are getting too old this year? I think it's nice to have pilgram and indian representatives.. I'm sure your dinner will be wonderful!