Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Today....

...We had a whole, heavenly day off to get ready for Thanksgiving.  There was a lot of practicing and cleaning going on, so why was it so fun?  I dunno.  We decorated a couple more trees, picked up the girls' Christmas cards, had friends over and searched high and low for the outside lights.  Alas, they are nowhere to be found.  I'm brokenhearted.  Where ARE they??  Anyway...here's today....

 Xanthe played the part of a Native American mommy with her little papoose baby named Tziporah.  :)

 Freestone brought in a LOT of potatoes and washed them.
 We like the skins on our mashed potatoes, but Ari likes to use the potato peeler, so we compromise with half-skinned potatoes.
 The Kings always have orange jello for Thanksgiving and red for Christmas, with apples, mandarin oranges and walnuts in.  It's my favorite thing at both holidays!
 Carrots and parsnips.  Golda thought Freestone used the potato peeler to make potatoes into carrot shapes.
 Still working! 
 Roasted veggies seasoned and ready for the oven. 

 We ended up with just an unbelievable amount of potatoes.  This isn't all of them, this is just the garlic batch.  Hey, the kids had fun and it kept them busy for hours.
 Chow Mein to go with our other side dishes.  The pregnant host can serve whatever she has a craving for!
The best part!!  I can't wait!  Tomorrow, Ruby, the resident hand mixer operator, will whip the cream and we'll be ready.  If you want to give me a hard time about my whipped cream and turkey sandwiches, go right ahead.  I'll be enjoying one as soon as 20 hours from now.  Mmm...want to try one?

5 comments:

Shane and Kenzie said...

I think I may actually want to try one of those sandwiches! Shane and I love to create fun/different dishes! :)
Best of luck with your fabulously yummy thanksgiving FEAST!

Jennie said...

It looks like our days are winding down at about the same time. :)

We are going to miss you guys tomorrow. I hope your day is delightful.

On a side note, I'm reading the Ladies Literary Society (I think that's the title) and one of the main characters is Tziporah. I smile every time it comes up. I can't believe we are going to have a new one to snuggle in just a few months. :)

Happy Thankgiving Dopps! Love ya!!!

Nate said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Looks so good and so impressed with your children!

Catherine said...

So much yummy food and what wonderful helpers you have!!

I'll take a turkey sandwich! :o) We celebrated our Thanksgiving last month so I'm ready to tackle another turkey dinner. Enjoy a nibble for me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

laurel said...

Wow. I haven't done a thing for tomorrow.

Can I come over and eat left overs?