Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Breakfast of Champions


This is what Ari was doing when I got home from taking Ruby to school at 7:45 AM.  Making mac 'n' cheese instead of practicing.  I love it.  I'll have to come up with another analogy about life because Mac 'n' Cheese from a box is just plain yummy, apparently, even for breakfast.  I think I'm losing the battle here.  We're already several worksheets behind, Freestone's whole packet is missing and we're eating breakfast out of a cast iron pot. And Ari, remember how you're not allowed to cook while I'm gone?  And you forgot the lunch you made.  (Which, just for the record, is Top Ramen in a thermos, a bag of graham crackers AND a package of graham crackers in the shape of Angry Birds.)  Oh , how we're losing the battle.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Awesome. Lacey had a boyfriend that introduced me to the joys of mac and chilli. Double the sodium, double the carbs. Ari should try it. (straight of the pan, of course!)

The homestead said...

Love it. You are doing just great!

Michelle said...

I think you should read Glass Castle again, that would put just how well you are doing right back in perspective!

Anonymous said...

:pve Mac N Cheese, and even sounds kinda good for breakfast, maybe some bacon with it? We used to eat it and make tuna casserole with peas!..Still love it!..and the yellow powdery cheese. Ari has come up with something..Mac N Cheese for breakfast!.

Nate said...

I love your recent posts, especially the dishes in the sink on Saturday night. Ari sounds really resourceful so she will turn out just fine:)

jenn said...

At least she is showered! My kids don't eat Mac and cheese very often but I forget to give them all baths! I know it's time when I can't stand to cuddle with them!

laurel said...

I prefer "real" food for breakfast. Breakfast food just doesn't cut it for me. Way to go Ari girl! I agree with you!