Thursday, September 20, 2012

Zoo Peeview


Wait!  That's not a potty.  BTW, PT wanted to wear his imaginary shoes, which he finally decided were pink.
It took me a long time to figure this out, but the problem with potty training Ptolemy was that I thought we had to be at home to do it, and we're never home long enough to let a big drink and a bunch of salty snacks work their magic.  The very thought of being trapped at home swimming in misplaced urine while the world passes me by has cost us a fortune in diapers.

I don't know why I was picturing this potty training thing happening within the confines of our home.  I trained Freestone sitting on a potty instead of a carseat while we drove to Las Vegas.  It worked brilliantly.  For six hours, he couldn't do anything but drink and you-know-what, all while we passed the world by at 70 miles per hour.  Sure it wasn't safe, but neither are caged animals, A.K.A. me at home hand-washing a pair of size 2T underwear every 17 minutes.

With the image of caged animals fresh in my mind, I took Ptolemy to the zoo, along with a purse full of juice boxes.  Our Zoo Peeview was a big success.  Three hours and 28 restrooms later, I claimed victory.  If he regresses, I'll try the aquarium.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Circe, I love your blogs, I never know what I am going to read or what new idea or adventure you are going to have!....loving it..both about Freestone's potty training and PT's training. Keep us posted if it works or you have to move on to the other venue!..Love it!. What is that PT is sitting in? Love, Tricia

Michelle said...

Hysterical! And brilliant!