Saturday, September 8, 2012

Laurel, This One's For You

Laurel, you flatter me with your comment:  "Can you stop with the organization? Please. For once let everything in your house go to pot. Please."  You are hilarious and so nice!  Well, this is my kitchen on Saturday night.  And guess what?  I'm not going to clean it up until tomorrow!  Of course, I staged this mess just for you.  Its usually sparkling clean and I NEVER have a dish in the sink.

No no no, that's not true and we all know it.  Life is messy!  It just is.  That's why we need good friends, friends like Laurel.  I admire and aspire to be like Laurel.  Gorgeous, faithful, devout, fun, real, hard-working, courageous, outspoken, athletic, and a stellar wife and mother.  I have a ways to go before I reach Laurelhood, so the least I can do is honor her request to let my house go to pot.  It makes me sick to post this disgusting picture on my blog, let alone look at it in real life, but...I just wanted to be a good friend.  :)

I am a bright-side-of-life person.  I see the good, I turn a blind eye to the bad.  It might be a character flaw, but I like beauty.  I'm like a dumber-than-average golden retriever;  I can be happy anywhere.  Except in my kitchen right now, so I'm going to go find a clean room to read in.  And, just between you and me, that might be a bit tricky.

3 comments:

jenn said...

I love to see that AMAZING people have messes too, even if it is staged and mine are real daily :) To answer you comment to my blog, no I wouldn't say my "uterus is closed" but for the first time I feel like my baby is my baby. Plus Zeljko will probably be deployed next october and I think my plate is full enough for partying at that dance alone! I wish I were amazing as you and multi task better with 6 voices in my head all yelling at once! But it is what it is!!! P.S. Ari is always welcome for garage sales, I love thrift stores too, is she up for that...although I always feel like I have to poop when I get inside :0

laurel said...

Circe! I love this post. No offense taken. It gave me a great laugh. THe person I was referring to that was given 2- 5 years is my dad. I didn't mention his name becuase some of the grandkids don't know yet. It sucks. I was so glad to read this post and have a laugh out loud moment. I needed it! You are so awesome. And so glad you showed me the dishes. Ahhhhh....made me feel good.

Kristi said...

I get this on my blog too, of course I don't post messy house pics! (except when I posted something similar to this, to show that I too have messy house days.)

I am often amazed at how neat your house always looks with all you have going on. I couldn't do it.