Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dreams

All the planning and preparing came to fruition last night in a happy, sad, tearful farewell at the Salt Lake airport as Preposterous Plan 2013 went from dream to reality in a single footstep.  Three footsteps, I suppose, as Scott, Golda and Ruby turned to go.  They are in Central Park right now!  I should be forlorn, but I feel peaceful and excited, and so glad Scott gets to spend these next few days with his girls.  I could worry about things beyond my control, but I don't have that kind of power of concentration.  I am a little anxious, though, praying that everyone will travel safely.

I was visiting with a friend, Julie Laub, whose daughters are away in various parts of the country.  She reassured me, "The hand of God is on our children as they travel."  I absolutely believe that, and that is all I need to know.  I am thankful for my friend and thankful for a Father in Heaven who knew that those words would resonate with me.

I like to think about us all being together again at the end of the summer, after all our adventures.  At the same time, I refuse to wish away even a minute of this glorious summer, the summer when somehow our dreams fell into reality and our reality became utterly dreamy...

2 comments:

michelle said...

Yet another reason you are a great friend for me to have! You are perfectly right, they will be watched. And what amazing memories and sister-bonding are going to come of it all!

Anonymous said...

Great picture, bon voyage and safe travel with lots of wonderful memories. Enjoy every minute! Bless you every step of the way, prayers are with you. xo Tricia