Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Superman Boy


What a day!  What a fantastic day!  It's all a bit of a blur now, but I know that Scott woke Freestone up early and took him to breakfast before anyone else was up.  Then there was Cherry Hill and suddenly it was time for Free's big party.  He invited a couple of friends to go to Superman and have dinner at Zuppa's.  Scott came home at 3 to take them to the movie.  (Thanks, Scott!) On his way out the door, Scott asked me if I had a cake and if I was planning on him bringing the boys back to our house for a party after.  Well, I wasn't, but am I going to turn down a party?  No!  Plus, I had nothing to do other than fret about Golda and Ruby forgetting their passports.  (They left tonight!)

Superman cupcakes...

Just yesterday, Tiffany gave me the beautiful red-white-and-blue banner.  The gifts were already here and provided my decorations, along with plates I had and a cape borrowed from my craft queen friend Michelle. I love this picture of Ptolemy so much that it just might become the invitation to HIS birthday party in July.  That one, I'll have more than two hours to prepare for, which could be good and bad.
Did you know there is a helium shortage in the world?  Yep.  There is.  Just go try to buy some balloons.


And then the boys arrived.  They were WIRED!  I found out after Scott abandoned me to go pack that they were all on a sugar high.  Apparently, Scott ran into Brian (yes, B) at Zuppa's and had what I can only imagine was a lengthy conversation, while Freestone and his buddies consumed large amounts of self-serve soda syrups, brand name Cello, while shouting "Cello shots!!"  Don't tell their mothers, OK?

...And that's why blowing out the candles included a little scuffle.

All day, Ptolemy kept saying, It's Freestone's birthday AND my birthday."  I think he truly convinced himself!
What a crazy, fun, happy, boisterous group of future men!  And their little Superman mascot, of course.  I was sad to see them go, but the party had to end.  It was time for me to take Scott, Golda and Ruby to the airport to set the ball in motion for Preposterous Plan 2013.  As we speak, it has already begun!...




1 comment:

michelle said...

Fantastic! No one parties like the Dopps!