Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It's as Good as Over :( (:

"There are five people in class and we're watching Kung Fu Panda.  Save us!"

Yep, the school year is in its last throes of death at the high school.  At the junior high, though, there is no end in sight.  Last night, Ruby said, "I think for my term project in art, I'll get a broken violin and paint scenes from Venice and Paris on it.  With only four days left in the school year, "When is it due" was probably more of a rhetorical question.  Of course it was due within the next 12 hours.  Why else would Ruby be starting on it?



And then yesterday, Freestone said, "Mom, I signed you up to help with 4th grade Pioneer Day on Wednesday.  I wanted to surprise you."

Um, hashtag: idontthinkso.  I have four more days to get my act together for summer and I'm not spending one of them stuck in the year 1849 with a hundred ten-year-olds wearing bonnets.

And then Golda says, "My friends and I want to have a barbeque here.  On Thursday.  At lunchtime.

Make that three days.

Then Ruby looks up from her term project and says, "And I'm not going to school Thursday or Friday, because Field Day?  Really? #idonththinkso."

So I have today and tomorrow before summer hits, and I'll probably be spending it helping Freestone memorize his lines for the French play.  Here are a couple of snippets from the past few days.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMJWRGz__-A&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXSs0EDa2FI&feature=youtu.be

Now doesn't that look like a fun way to spend your last hours of freedom?  It's better than Pioneer Day, I tell ya.


3 comments:

Jennie said...

Love it. I'm SO happy for him that he is in French AND getting it. :) What a great talent. I especially loved him staring at the camera with the uh, uh, uh. So fun! Love that kid!

Also, I liked your post on the multi racial family. I get it! :)

michelle said...

Protect Shelter! I feel like these kids are vultures and they are circling! Whatever happens we much all be at lunch Wed!

michelle said...

P.S. I have to go quiz Matt on all 5o states and their capitols. His teacher has saved that test for Thursday. Really?