Friday, June 7, 2013

Sophomore Girl

Golda had a wonderful sophomore year, and Scott and I loved having a high school girl in our home.  It was an exciting year from start to finish, with the DHS band preparing for the Rose Parade and all the excitement that went along with that.  Golda finished up the year with a big push to the AP World Civ test and successful auditions for Wind Ensemble and Dance Company.  Looks like next year will be just as exciting as this one!

But why am I telling you all this?  Go to GOLDA'S BLOG POST and read her own thoughts.  We are so proud of Golda.  She is a strong example to her brothers and sisters, she is a VERY hard worker, a beautiful dancer and a dedicated musician.  She is also pretty fun to hang out with!  I have been in awe of this girl since she was born, first just marveling at the miracle of life, then being awed by how she grew and thrived, with her curly red hair and determination to learn.  Then, as she got bigger and went out into the world, Scott and I watched with admiration as Golda succeeded at one thing after another.  She has turned into such a poised and accomplished young woman, we can hardly believe our good fortune.  And she really did it all herself.  We are blessed.  Now we're just in awe that our little baby with the soft, red curls and dimpled legs has morphed into this almost-adult.  We created a person!  A person who is a friend to us and others, a person who continues to learn and grow and become who she wants to be.  Golda, we love you.  We are proud of you!


Celebration after taking the AP test
Artsy picture of Mr. Hendricks conducting the band.
Every Tuesday night, 9:00, I had the honor of seeing Golda walk into her flute lesson.
Golda loves ballet.  She works hard at it and she is a beautiful dancer.
I love to see her dance.  Xanthe loves ballet too!
Friends serving at a wedding

Last day of 10th grade!
Good-bye, Golda!  Love ya!  Proud of ya!

5 comments:

Jennie said...

She is a beautiful person! We just love her. Oh, and the last pics of walking into school. I love the curls. Although, we are kinda partial to curls around our house. So cute!

Cricket said...

Over the past year I have fallen in love with you, your blog and your wonderful family! I love the honesty that makes me feel normal.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much Lily loves Golda and being welcome in your home. She wants to be like Golda and I am thrilled she has found such an incredible soul for her heroine. Golda is so kind, sweet and caring when it comes to Lily, and many others. All of your kids have been friends to her. Including Sinatra.

Thank you for sharing a part of your life with some that you might not know where here. It makes my day!

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful daughter. I just read her blog. Beautiful, intelligent, and well on her way to being as good a writer as her mother. I would say you've done well. You say it's all her. Bologna. She is the product of the loving parents who are raising her and the nurturing home and family they are raising her in. Like I said. Well done.

Ernstfamilyfun said...

You should be so proud- she is beautiful in every way! I love how you put it:)

Anonymous said...

Where has time gone to? It has been a wonderful journey following Golda since her birth to now celebrating the advancement to 11th grade, we are so proud of her and her accomplishments..love and best to you in everything that follows Golda..so proud of you..and even though a lot of it has had to be looked at through your blog, I feel I have been there right along with you with your desriptions on line. Thank you for sharing Golda and all of them with us on your blog!..Golda, You are a credit to your namesake and I am sure she and Big Bill are watching over you with big smiles every minute of your journey. Love, Great Aunt Tricia xo