Saturday, June 1, 2013

No Extra Credit - With the link to the article

Yes, we love our techers.  But since they didn't tech us how to spell, we thought two days was long enough for Techer Appreciation Week.  Either that, or they didn't tech us math and we don't know how many days it is from the 27th to the 28th.  (Hint:  a school week should be five days.  Oh, and May 27 was Memorial Day.  No school.)

I do love our teachers.  I love that they take care of my children and teach them during the hours they are away from me.  We are a team.  But I have been chuckling about THIS ARTICLE ever since I read it because it perfectly sums up how I feel about the end of school.  Last week at Scouts, Freestone moved up to the Webelos.  His leader approached me and said, "Freestone has all the requirements to advance, but in the back of the book there are extra things, if you want..."

I interrupted, "I don't.  I'm not doing any extra credit."

Touchy!  But seriously.  If nobody is graded on it, we're not doing it.  If someone IS graded on it, we're probably still not doing it.  Die, school year, die!!

P.S.  I initially posted this without the link to the article I referenced.  Trajan texted me and said, "There is no link.  Does that count as extra credit?"  Ha ha

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I want to click your "like" button a thousand times.

laurel said...

Amen sister. NO extra credit at the end. We've all had enough.

Jennie said...

I love the sign at the school. I didn't even take the time to read it... that's how done I am. :) But.... I do appreciate what they do for my kids. I hope they enjoyed their little bag of chocolate that I sent in the back packs. Hopefully it made it to school :)

The homestead said...

Good luck with the last couple of days of school!

Jennifer said...

Ha ha. I noticed the Memorial Day date but I didn't even notice the misspelling -- and I dropped off a kindergartener every day last week. At least I think I did ...