Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I'm Back

Well.  That was quite a tantrum yesterday.  I appreciate all the encouragement.  Man, sometimes even the easiest, best life can get you down hard.  After my rant, yesterday's energy stayed low and negative.  Despite my best efforts to be upbeat, Ptolemy and Tziporah picked up on some ugly wavelenghts.  I brought them home from staging at Weber during a break, thinking they could relax, but fighting and crying ensued, and I had to leave Golda and Ruby with two miserable whiners.

As soon as Araceli and I got back up to Weber, Scott called.  Instead of just taking Golda to Park City for a getaway, he had Ruby and the two little beasts, too.  I knew it was the perfect solution to their grumpiness, as well as mine.  Scott to the rescue!  Poor guy, I think I scare him sometimes. 

I was able to finish my staging with a smile and bring a carload of kids home just in time for Araceli's big party.  With only three kids in the house (plus the 40 friends), I escaped downstairs with some magazines, books and snacks while the wild rumpus went on upstairs and all over the neighborhood.  (Sorry, neighbors. Teens happen.)  I surfaced at 10:30 to help the last stragglers clean up the kitchen, visit with my kids and check under the beds for boys. Ha ha.

This morning I continued my "What About Bob" vacation, "taking a vacation from my problems."  Or more specifically, realizing that I don't even have any problems.  I sat out on the porch.  I booked some short summer jaunts online.  I took a bubble bath with the windows wide open.  Now "my" kids are up and "Scott's" kids are doing this...





It's a beautiful world and I'm happy to be in the frame of mind to recognize that.  Onward and upward, marching through our crazy summer.

No comments: