Saturday, June 18, 2016

Oh Look! More Recital Pics!






Doves, Cast B



Isn't she lovely!?
Emma, Ellen, and Araceli, lifelong ballet friends whose moms love each other.




Araceli's last cello lesson with Elliott.  She has loved him, and for two years, I have loved taking her to lessons 45 minutes away every Friday at 5:25 in the morning and once a month on Thursday nights for 3 hours.  Elliott has been just a wonderful teacher.  We're sad to leave him, but now that she's older and not craving the social aspect of the Suzuki life, she is going back to Mr. Marsden in Kaysville, also a wonderful teacher, whom we love.
Backstage friendships
Ptolemy and Camden were so stinkin' adorable as volcano inspectors, I could hardly stand it.  They marched onstage and pretended to look down into a volcano.  They pretended to run their finger around the rim and pick up dirt.  Then they would call for the volcano cleaners, and the rest of their class came on and "cleaned" the volcano.  I asked Ptolemy how he stays on the count, because I could see him rhythmically moving his cleaning rag and bucket as he danced.  He said, "I just play the music in my head and follow it."  He's a musical little guy.
Doves.  It was so pretty.
There was a lot of running off and back on through a different wing. Araceli was out of breath!
Charlotte
I ttok a picture of each of my students like this for their moms.  They are all beautiful, and radiant in the stage lights with the anticipation lighting their faces as much as the lights.
Mylee

Isabelle.  Her mom Kelly was in my ballet class growing up.

Xanthe in Planets, her modern dance.  I was proud of her for managing all her costume changes.  All 3 of her dances were in Cast A, and she was also a chaperone.  I was worried about her getting everywhere, because she tunes out general information, such as people calling classes onstage, for example.  She sometimes only picks up on voices that are directed specifically at her.  Nevertheless, she did brilliantly, and dances like a dream.
Ruby in her ballet dance, Orbit.

No comments: