Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day









Merry Christmas, everyone! A big thanks to Mom and Dad Dopp for all the perfect gifts and the lovely Christmas Eve. I forgot my camera to document all the madness, so I told all the sisters to post lots of pics. My favorite Christmas Eve scene was all the little boys playing on the kitchen floor with their new transformer robots. There was a lot of imagination going on in that small space! I tried to eat as much Christmas candy as I could. I'm sure I could have squeezed in a few more of Marlene's chocolates. I'll have to do better next year!
At last, we figured out why Xanthe shouts "Mitmas Tee!" every time I turn on the radio in the car. Last night when the music came on, she started singing "O Christmas Tree" and we finally recognized it as such. Now we can't get enough of her little carol!
If you were dreaming of a white Christmas, last night was heaven. We were blanketed with several inches of fluffy, glistening powder during a pretty bad storm. We thought we might have to sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's house! Today, in contrast, was clear and bright, but definitely white! You couldn't special-order more Christmas-like weather.
I hope everyone had a magical Christmas. I have to go take care of the rest of those cookies, and figure out where all the left-over toy parts go!

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

Wasn't it beautiful? A perfect blue sky and gorgeous white fluff everywhere. That's just what a want for Christmas every year. You put up the tree and wrap the gifts as pretty as possible and put lights on the house, but a white Christmas trumps every other decoration in my opinion. :) I love that Xanthe like her Christmas music!

Taylor Family said...

Merry Christmas!
We love all of the presents you gave us. Cade and Austin looked so cute in their sweaters all season and Cade liked his backyardagan's see and say. Scott you made look look hip this holiday. He wore the brown and black shirt you gave him on Christmas. Anyways we love you guys. Talk to you soon.

Michelle said...

You lucky people and your snow! We did receive a game called snow ball fight the is basically 6 soft stuffed snowball and is quite fun so we did have a snow ball fight yesterday! So glad you all had fun!