Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Boxing Day?







The neighborhood sledding hill was a hive of activity this afternoon! The hard-core sledders - Free, Ari and the Energizer Jake were catching air off jumps and everything. The others - Golda, Ruby and Jackson got cold and went in for cocoa. Xanthe was a good sport and watched with me, emphatically reminding me every so often that she did NOT want to join the fun!
Inspired by Tiffany, I set the table with my Christmas china and cooked a ham and Mormon potatoes. (You all know what I mean!) Scott ended up going to the Jazz game with Felshaw and a movie with the bros, so I recruited Tricia and Jim to help us be festive. As if 6 kids isn't festive enough! It was fun...my puff pastry was a big hit with the ten-and-under set. I put a layer of puff pastry in muffin tins and added peanut butter and chocolate chips. Prep time: 30 seconds. Cooking it for 12 minutes made it all flaky and melted. They must have been good...Jackson managed to eat two of them through his halo! :) And there was plenty of eggnog to fill up our new (MATCHING!) glasses that Grandma and Grandpa gave us!
If the writers' strike ever ends, I may never blog again. I miss all my favorite shows! But I sure have a lot of free time between 9 PM and midnight. I need a good book!

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

Do you ever watch Pushing Daisies? I like that so much, but I usually forget to watch it.. like last night and I don't know if has been affected by the strike.

Awesome sledders you have over there. I'm with Xanthe.. it looks cold. :)

Michelle said...

At first I was really upset about the writer's strike, but now I'm kind of enjoying it. While the guys were at the movie last night, I got an awful lot of reading done (I'm still working on the box of books you and Scott gave me last month).

That picture of Jake and Free is darling, I need a copy of it. :)

Michelle said...

I loooove pushing daisies too-talked Tif into trying it. If you have high speed internet you can still watch it on abc.com. I am looking for a new good book. I know my mom loved Oprah's new book, pillars of the earth but it is HUGE and I don't know if I want to commit to it! Still jealous of the snow!