Monday, December 3, 2007

"The question is not what you look at, but what you see." - Thoreau






I have a sad story for you. It's about my addiction to blogging. I planned a special night for Ruby and Ari tonight. We were going to take Golda to play practice (sorry, Golda!) then go to Molly Mouse's Sugarplum Debut at the Rose Wagner. When I called for tickets this afternoon, the show was sold out. But that's not the sad part. The sad part is that my first thought was, "Darn! Pictures of that would have looked so cute on my blog." Have I gone overboard? I admit, I'm more embarrassed about the blog addiction than I am about the fact that my shirt was on backwards all day and my fly was down when I got home tonight. But the wardrobe problems are not unusual for me.
Anyway, I did have a really fun night with Ari, Free and Ruby. Xanthe stayed home with Coco until Daddy got home. She loves Coco because Coco follows all of her orders. When Coco leaves her sight, X starts shouting, "Whe ahhhh you?!!!!" It's nice not to have the shouting of orders in the backseat all the way to SLC.
The kids and I dropped off G. and went to Cucina. I told them they could choose a treat and Ari chose lasagne. What is she, Garfield? But she ate it happily while the others ate their eclairs.
I discovered the best way to take little kids to Temple Square to see the lights. I'm calling it Temple Square Lite. Just west of the square in front of the family history building is ten-minute parking. Nobody was parked there! So we parked, got the dog poop off Ari's shoe (another story...these things happen when you hang out with kids), walked around the grounds for 9 minutes and got back on the road before anyone had a chance to say, "My legs are tired." It really got us in the Christmas spirit! I did make up for the abridged Temple Square visit by reading the Ensign at the discovery museum.
The only low spot of the evening was in the car in downtown traffic when I said in a loud voice, "Why is this CLOWN driving so slow?" Freestone did not see the clown and he was pretty upset. I had to describe the "clown"...uhh...rainbow hair, big red nose...but it didn't help. He still cried for ten minutes.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay the question is how is it you always make me laugh! Same laugh I was laughing in fourth grade, still laughing! My favorite wardrobe malfunction of yours was when you came to dinner in one of the girls sweate. the kicker was you really looked cute in it! I miss Temple square, I think you may have a new great tradition in the abbrv. version. And how did you get Golda's hair to do that?! I have to get Brittany's to do it for nutcracker!

Jennie said...

See Circ, you are such a great story teller! I love it. I am glad you guys had fun.

Michelle said...

Me again! Thanks for the instructions, I am going to try tomorrow. What kind of mousse did you use? Brittany is an angel it is really a shuffle shuffle instead of a dance. I am still withholding judgement on this whole experience until we are through it. I miss Clytie and you!

love.boxes said...

That actually sounds like the way to go Circ.. it's pretty cold out there. :)