Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Love






This is my Christmas story for today: I showed Freestone a sign that said, "Santa, I can explain everything!" He immediately started sobbing hysterically and said, "I can't explain ANYTHING!" Poor little guy, this naughty or nice stuff can be stressful for a kid!
I got a much-anticipated phone call this afternoon from Tiffany, saying that my love boxes were ready. I think everyone has seen my collection. I love the idea of them so much, I decided to start a tradition of giving one to each of my children for Christmas every year. I had no idea it would be so much fun to peruse Tiffany's website and choose each box, with that special child in mind. Tonight turned out to be the perfect opportunity for our new tradition. Scott ventured out into the snowy night to watch the Utah bowl game with his brothers. Left alone to our own devices, the littles and I decorated a gingerbread house. After, I gathered them all together and told them that I wanted to give each of them something special that they could keep forever, because I loved them so much. Before I gave them the boxes, I told them each why I chose their particular gift, without telling them what the gift was. Seeing their anticipation and curiosity was the best part! Until they opened their boxes. That was even better! All the kids loved them. Freestone (alias: Mr. Contrary) claimed that he hated his and that he wanted a rubix cube. See how he fell asleep with his box in his hand? Don't believe anything this kid says!
My kids know how much I love my boxes. I never tell them not to touch, because I want to share them. They are magical. Thanks, Tiffany! We think you are amazing. You helped me make 5 little children feel loved and treasured. I hope they remember that feeling every time they see their boxes.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Circ, you are just the most fun mom! What a great idea,and I thought picking them out would be lots of fun too. I am so glad the kids liked them, how could they not?!

Taylor Family said...

What a fun tradition. I love all of the fun things you do with us and your kids. You are always so kind and thoughtful. We can't wait to see you all on Christmas Eve.

Michelle said...

Okay that post was good yesterday, but the pictures put it over the top! I love that freestone!

love.boxes said...

That Freestone. He's so cute asleep with his box. Can I borrow that picture for advertising purposes?!!?!? It's the best! I'm so glad that they like them.