Friday, December 28, 2007

Snowman(ia)









I know, I know, these are all pictures of linens. (Except the cute picture of Golda's baby snowman.) I get a little depressed about the short days, cold temperatures and dreary landscape about this time of year. I'm counting on the cheerful snowmen posted all over our house to keep my spirits up until spring. The Red Bathroom even got hoodie snowman towels. I already had my grandpa's old wooden skis and a 2002 winter Olympics poster in there, so the winter theme continues. Ari, Free and Ruby got new snowflake/snowman bedspreads, courtesy of Target's 50% off sale. After informing me that his new bedspread was "Bad. Weally bad," Freestone decided that he loved it. I love shopping after Christmas! Speaking of which, I guess I'll post the picture of the haul I got at the Bath and Body Works sale. Warning: you might be looking at your birthday gift. I think I'm set for all of you for the next 12 months! Another thing about January is that it makes me want to plan ahead. (And it's not even January yet!)
Scott and I celebrated our 12th anniversary tonight. We took Golda in to Salt Lake for her play and went out to dinner at Faustina. (Thanks for the gift certificate, Bazails!) It was a delicious dinner with awesome company and great service. Our server gave us a complimentary dessert to help us celebrate. After a long, relaxed dinner, we still had time, so we sat in the lobby of the Marriott until the play ended. So...12 years later, Scott is still the perfect guy. I knew he would be. Some things, you just know. I knew Scott would be the one to travel the road with. He's really good at making all my dreams come true. Like I told him when we graduated from high school, "There's more to come..." Still true...

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

I always thought you were the perfect pair. Happy Anniversary!

Michelle said...

I love the snowmen! I feel weird with snowman stuff now as there aren't going to be any real ones but everyone tells me it is still okay to enjoy the fakes! Congrats on 12 years! I still remember going to your reception, it was so lovely. That reminds me you should post that beautiful portrait in the sepia tones, love that. You two are very well matched. I love a happy ending...beginning!

Kristi said...

You are a women after my own heart...I already have the kids Christmas pj's and church outfits for next year thanks to some great after Christmas buys. You must have wiped out the bath and body store! LOL!