Friday, December 14, 2007

Good for the Soul




Ruby and Freestone did a fabulous job at their guitar recital tonight! The family had to divide and conquer this evening, with Scott partying with his sibs at Jenny and Jeremy's (hope you're having fun, guys!) and my dad and me taking a few kids to the recital while Coco watched the others. The recital was at Peter Prier's recital hall, and I got to see the man himself and give him a big hug. Peter was such a mentor to me when I was in violin making school. He even came to our wedding ceremony at the SL temple.
Anyway...Freestone was the smallest student in the group. He looked so cute up on the stage sandwiched between the bigger boys. He surprised me and willingly performed his "Kids on the Bus" song with the group. I'm sure I was beaming like the most annoyingly proud mom ever! The best part was Free looking at the bigger boys in awe. I think he gets it more now, where we're trying to go with this whole guitar thing.
Ruby played her solo piece beautifully, accompanied by her teacher on his guitar. She never seems to get nervous. On one of the group songs, she learned it TODAY at her lesson, and she got up there and played it with everybody, like it was no big deal. She learned it 4 hours ago! I could never do that. I was so proud of her! (Is this a blog or a "brag?!")
On a side note, (no pun intentded:)) Freestone told his teacher today that yes, he could play his song, because he was using his super powers. Whatever it takes, kid! I hope you always use your super powers to play music.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

If any family is going to produce a musical super hero it has to be yours!

Renee said...

Hmm....what can I say?...how about CUTE! :) Hey,brag your heart away,that's what you have kids for,right? ;) Enjoy them & talk all you want about them...I'll be reading! :)Renee

Michelle said...

Hi! Me again! Hey, I did figure out that cool micro loan item was from you. I saw Trajan's name in there somewhere. I think that was a really great thing to do! Loveboxes...I think the fairies are my absolute favorite and the bluebirds and elephants are so cute but there is really no way to go wrong. What a fun idea! It would just be so fun choosing them!Thanks for the wishes for Nutcracker. I don't know how good my pictures are going to be but I'm going to try!

love.boxes said...

Go ahead and brag! Those two are just amazing. I love the Ruby! She's so brave! And Freestone is so adorable in this picture. Was this his first recital? I'm going to have to come and hear the guitars.. that would be fun. :) And, ofcourse see all the new canvases and one of Golda's plays!