Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Faux Crafty


This is for my crafty friends. If you are not crafty, please avert your eyes, or you might become queasy. Michelle Crane, you can look because this is the craft equivalent of making 11 dozen ginger snaps and 4 different kinds of fudge. :) These are my neighbor gifts. Works in progress. I'm going to include a taco soup recipe with the Tabasco and a gift tag about a hot holiday season. All the Dopps will appreciate what Golda said about giving out hot sauce: "That is so sad. That's like giving Jenny Neeley garments." Jenny laughed when I told her, so I think it's OK to tell you!
Tonight was our annual trip to the mall to see Santa with my Aunt Tricia. She took Ari, Free, Xanthe and me to dinner, then to see the big guy. Thanks, Tricia! That was fun! Xanthe was brave and got close enough to Santa to grab the sucker he offered. In the picture, she was glaring at Santa. I hope the real Santa doesn't know how she feels! I have caught myself saying, "Xanthe, if you're not quiet, we'll go see Santa." Or, "If you don't say sorry, we'll go sledding right now." I know, I'm the worst parent ever. Xanthe hates sledding so much that she cries when she sees her coat. Don't worry, we never take our kids sledding against their will! Especially since the only good sledding hill at our house leads straight into the gully. Keeps the kids busy trying to claw their way up the steep hill out of the deep ravine for hours. No, really, they love it! I did the same thing as a kid, on the same hill. I got out every time. Once, my brother lost one of his moon boots, and we found it in the spring. Ah, the good old days!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You did it again, I think you made me laugh three times today! I think the hot sauce is great, and your daughter has your sense of humor!

Jenny said...

I for one think that the hot sauce is a much better gift! There is just something about buying someone garments that really makes me cry. How un-exciting!

love.boxes said...

No underwear at all for Christmas unless it comes from someplace saucy. :)