Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Right "Bach" at Ya


Reasons Ari couldn't practice today:

Endpin too long
Endpin too short
Endpin slipping
Living room rug not big enough
Ruby was laughing
Jake and Freestone were talking
Bow was poking her thumb
Music was too hard
Ugly stickers on her fingerboard
Mom wrote the wrong words on practice paper
Cello too big
Xanthe was staring at her
Cello hurting her thumb
Mom's hand too close to the music stand
Stool too low
Window was open
Feelings were hurt
Bow hair too dirty
Didn't have breakfast or lunch
Couldn't breathe

Reasons Ari couldn't have dinner or go to the pool:

Didn't practice cello.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh My! I can imagine the drama. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

The Brown Family said...

Oh, I'm so glad to know that other strings have those same problems. We often have violins with those issues, so it's refreshing to read that a cello also can not feel right or want to be practiced.

Way to go mom!

Kim

SSWS said...

You are such an excellent writer....I love this post. Captures our craziness in dealing with kids. You've inspired me to maintain the rules which I am known to break.

Michelle said...

It is tough to be a kid! I am with SWS, you go Mom!

Jennifer said...

And that's why your children are such good musicians.