Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cooking Tips

Here's a tip for anyone who might be LESS adept than I am in the kitchen (and that would be difficult): When you make a farmers' market fresh stew out of local, seasonal vegetables, turn the crock pot ONbefore letting it sit all day. It's just a handy little tip that some might not think to do if they've regularly been up at 4:00 in the morning.

To my credit, I did think of everything else. Browning the meat, taking some kids to the farmers' market to choose the produce, texting Scott to let him know his wonderful wife had dinner simmering away. Except it wasn't. I got a clever little text from Scott when he got home: "Is the crock pot supposed to be on high, but unplugged?"

"LOL. IGICFDAH." (I guess it's cereal for dinner again, huh?")

5 comments:

Michelle said...

If it makes you feel any better I did the same thing once with a crock pot full of chicken. Couldn't figure out why the house didn't smell as good as I had expected when I got home! OH,and I didn't have a new baby!

Jennie said...

Oh Man! What a bummer. I think it is still a unwritten rule in the universe that if you make the effort for dinner and it doesn't work out, you still get points.

Jennifer said...

IGICFDAH had me laughing out loud. Except I'd have to add: BPUMF. Better pick up milk first.

SSWS said...

So hilarious! I have done that before......it would be easy to remember to turn it on if that was the only thing going on.....but I'm sure you had 6 kids demanding something of you at the same time!

Trajan said...

It's respectable that you would even have the patience to have a croc pot. Cooking something that takes all day is incomprehensible to me. I don't even eat toast because it takes too long to "cook".