Monday, August 24, 2009

China Friends, Spread the Word

Have you heard about Half the Sky's one-time opportunity to find homes for these three little girls with complex heart conditions? If you're familiar with Half the Sky, you know that they promised the Chinese government that they would not get involved in adoptions. The government has given Half the Sky permission to intervene on behalf of these three girls. Maybe someone out there feels one of them is part of their forever family...

Incidentally, I just found out through their website that they might have progress reports on Xanthe from her orphanage, since Yiyang has had a Half the Sky program since 2005. Has anybody requested progress reports on their child from Half the Sky? Just curious!

6 comments:

The Brown Family said...

My friend had posted a link to these three over the weekend and I have thought of them so much! They have very serious heart conditions- they could be repaired here...my big question is the safety/possibility of air travel with the current condition of their hearts.

Kai had a heart surgery in China and I was curious if Half the Sky had anything to do with it. I just asked directly and they were able to tell me (they didn't). I would just email them and see if they can help you with any info. Good luck! That's exciting that they may have additional info for you.

Paige said...

have to comment on your books. LOVED shanghai girls too but disappointed in the ending also. Also year in the Merde was great. need to reread manzanar. Did you like Peony in Love or snow flower? Peony in Love too weird for me. I saw Lisa See talk a month ago and she was so good! need to blog it.

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Hey Circe! Thanks for your compliment ;) I got this e-mail too. I didn't think of posting it. We got a "journal" from half the sky in the paperwork we got in China. It is so sweet. Maybe you have one hiding somewhere in there too? It is a handwritten journal on Half the Sky letterhead... about 30 pages stapled together. I am surprised that we got one, and you didn't. :( Hope the cute little guy is doing well. I am going to Heber to a great barn to take photos of my boys. My son's girlfriend knows about it... old gas pumps, antiques etc., and said that she has seen some really adorable baby photos there. Call or e-mail if you want more info.

laurel said...

Checked out the girls. Darling. Will pass on the info. How is back to school going?

Anonymous said...

These girls stories are heartbreaking and heartwarming. They are so beautiful. Will also pass along their info:)