Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pray 'n' Play



Xanthe loves to say prayers. Nobody else in our family has said the dinner prayer for about a year because it makes Xanthe mad when it's not her turn. And making Xanthe mad is like waving a red cape in front of a bull. Why risk it?

Xanthe has a rote prayer that is the exact same every time, except that it gets longer and longer the more practice she gets. At the risk of being sacrilegious, here it is:

"Dear Henalee Fahder, Bless the food, bless we can have a friend over tomollow. Bless we can be safe when we have a friend over tomollow. Bless we can have fun when we have a friend over tomollow. Bless we can have a good day when we have a friend over tomollow, and we can have a friend over tomollow. (Then she opens one eye, looks around to see if we're getting it, and wraps it up.) Bless we can have a good day tomollow when we have a friend over. Amen!"

So if I call to invite your kid over to play with Xanthe, don't shatter her faith by saying no. You could be the answer to her prayers! Heaven knows, friends are very often the answers to prayers! Speaking of which, I'm sending out a heartfelt thanks to all my friends who made supportive comments on the blog or in real life about the baby blues. I feel better already, knowing I have all that backup!

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I love her cute little prayer. Heaven also is well aware of all of the rote prayers at our house. They all include, "Bless dad that he gets home safe." I would like to think they change it to mom when I'm away. :)

Elisa said...

I think she and Thing 3 are soul sisters... they seem to have the same personality!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Xanthe's prayers. I'm sure Heavenly Father listens in every time! We will have to join the line-up so Em can come and play and be an answer to her prayers. Good luck with school starting:)

Michelle said...

Don't you think Heavenly Father just loves those little's prayers? I am sure they make him smile just like they do us!

love.boxes said...

Having a family Rabbi is handy. We have one and he usually prays short.. so that's good.. right?!? :)