Saturday, August 8, 2009

Golda's Turn






My former violin teacher offered me two tickets to a Utah Symphony concert at Deer Valley. I thought Golda and I could go, do some school shopping, have dinner, spend the evening on the mountain. I accepted the tickets. Then I remembered I have this baby who can't live without me! I readjusted my vision of the outing to include a baby sling. No problem. In the end, however, Scott took Golda instead, just to make the shopping part more fun and the baby part less of a hassle. The two of them did some damage at the outlets, dined at Panda and enjoyed the concert. I love the mountainside venue for summer music. There is nothing more refreshing than an evening in the mountains, especially when it's accompanied by a full orchestra and chocolate chip cookies!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Scott sure gets cute dates! Sounds like so much fun!

laurel said...

Wow! I would love a day like that. Golda is such a pretty girl!

Anonymous said...

Glad Golda got to go with her dad. What a fun date! Yeah, babies cause major adjustments! It took awhile for us with Em. We'd accept invites for concerts and then remember...we can't go...what were we thinking? Those cookies looked soooo good in your last post:)

love.boxes said...

What a fun date!

Jennifer said...

She is a beautiful, poised young woman.

Was it Peter and the Wolf? I have to live vicariously again. I told Jeff I really wanted to go to that, but I guess I was too cryptic.

Taylor Family said...

Golda looks so grown up in those pictures. The pictures remind me of my dates with Scott. WHat a fun Dad.