Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ain't Nobody Happy


I received the six best words of wisdom ever from SWS yesterday when I said, "I wish I were one of those on-the-ball moms." Her response: "Oh, please! there's no such thing!"
I love it! Hope you don't mind me quoting you, Sarah!

I'm glad there's no such thing as a mom who has it all together, because if there were, I'd be the farthest thing from it. How do I know? Because I got a butcher knife and stabbed an inflatable pool toy to death today. It was one of those toys that is ALWAYS on the floor, in the way, getting tripped over. So I knifed it repeatedly and threw it in the garbage.

Do you think summer is getting a little too long?

If there is a mom out there who has it all together, please give me your best advice for resetting the cranky button. Those tacky wall plaques are right: "When Mom's not happy, ain't nobody happy." If you care about pool toys everywhere, tell me how to have more patience during the dog days of summer!

14 comments:

Jennie said...

We all just have to hold on.... only a few more weeks of kids 24/7 before school starts. That sounds harsh huh? Don't get me wrong. We all love 'em, but sometimes you just need a little break. I suppose it will be a trade off though. We are exchanging pool toys on the floor with notes to sign, homework to monitor, pestering to read for 20 min, and getting out the door on time. Hmmmm.... I'm not sure which I prefer. :)

Michelle said...

If someone advises you on this please let me know. I sure could use the magic solution too. In the interst of innocent pool toys everywhere. Gosh you made me laugh, and that is something at least !

Taylor Family said...

Oh how I wish I was one of those moms. Today I am watching Jer and Jen's kids and I kept saying to myself Circe does this everyday and doesn't even let anything get to her. So you were my encouragment today. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one.

Queen Elizabeth said...

Love Sarah's wisdom.How to survive? Chocolate.

Jennifer said...

I think I'm the exploded pool toy.

Michelle said...

Okay, I didn't see the cat image initially, you are going to scare Tif to death! So funny

Elisa said...

HALLELUJAH! Circe is normal!!

Now I don't have to feel bad anymore about my self induced toy rages.

Amanda said...

Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way! I'm all over the chocolate suggestion. It's my coping mechanism of choice.

The homestead said...

I think some of our rock-chuck hostility must have brushed off on you- sorry. I always say that if you ever think someone is perfect or has a perfect life- you just don't know them well. No one is perfect, everyone struggles. That is the beauty of life.

Anonymous said...

That is really funny! It takes imagination to see calm Circe stabbing a pool toy! When are you writing your memoir? We would love to have Xanthe come and play sometime next week if you are ok with her coming:)

love.boxes said...

Heavy medication.

Jennifer said...

OK, I just have to comment again because I must know if you did this in front of the kids. Do tell!

Eliza2006 said...

Oh, boy! I'm not ready for school to start because that means I start work. I'm trying to relish every single minute that I have left.
I definitely am not on the ball, unless you consider letting your 3 year old watch WAY too much T.V. because it is too hot to walk outside!

Lexie said...

I love that pic!!!