Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Baby Sitting



The other day, Ptolemy's friend Camden came over and sat down next to Ptolemy to play. That's right. He SAT, and he's only four months old! Tolly is six months old and sitting hasn't even occurred to him. Neither has sleeping through the night, eating solids or rolling over. The lazy little chub just wants to be carried around to socialize by day and hang out sipping lattes at the 24-hour breastaurant by night. The only exercise he gets are the crunches he does when someone lays him on his back. It's the Hey-you-can't-leave-me-here-like-this! crunch. He is so spoiled!

When little Camden showed off his sitting skills, though, all of Tolly's siblings started trying to train him. They are constantly trying to get him to sit up now, which is pretty funny. He always starts listing right away, then flops over with a big smile on his face. I'm not in a hurry for him to hit any of these milestones. I don't want him to get any bigger or stronger or sleepier or skilled! I dread the day when my little chub sleeps in his own bed, all through the night, only to wake up and go out into the world without me. Not ready for that yet! But Camden was eating an Oreo on his blog. Now THAT might be a useful skill! And one that I am more than qualified to teach!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

He's so stinkin' cute! And they DO grow up WAY too fast. That 1st year should last 2 years (only if they're good babies, of course). I wouldn't be in any hurry for him to hit those milestones either. He'll be eating, sitting, and walking for the rest of his life and so will his little friend, Camden. It won't matter who did what 1st in the long haul!

The homestead said...

Hey if I got as much attention as he does I wouldn't want to sit up or crawl either. He is so cute.

Jennie said...

Yeah for Tolly! What a sweetie. One can never do too many crunches. I bet his abs are solid.

C and MC said...

Holy smokes! He learned to sit up in one day. Impressive. Now just get a tooth growing and we'll be even. He'll catch on to oreo eating in no time. Such a cutie.

Jacy said...

He is such a cute boy! That smile!!! To die for - and he'll be running around pulling all your stuff out of the cupboards before you know it - let the 'baby stays in the place I put him' stage linger as long as it would like! :) I have a cute pic of Ruby during her singing in the 5th grade program. If you want it I can email it to you!!?