Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Be the Change





Ptolemy was thrilled to see his friend Camden, who tried to teach him how to sit up. No luck!



Thanks to all the supportive women in my world, we put together over 70 hygiene kits this morning and had a big bin of leftover supplies, which can be donated as well. That's quite a feat, considering the dozens of kids that "helped!" More important than any results we achieved was the fact that everybody's kids did help, and in the process learned that we are responsible to "be the change we wish to see in the world," as Gandhi put it. What a fun way to spend a day off from school!

8 comments:

Jennie said...

It was such a fun project. They really do assemble quickly. Thanks for letting us be a part of it. I just wish we could have stayed longer. 70 though... Wow! Well done!

Jennifer said...

70! That's amazing. Thank you for putting this together. (Sorry I only caught the tail end.)

C and MC said...

Yes, thank you so much for the opportunity to help. I hope my next showing on the blog is a little more flattering, but I'll take what I can get. Camden met so many new friends at your house!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great thing to do. You are amazing in your ability to organize things on that scale. I would like a doll if there are any left:)

Kristi said...

I totally would have party crashed, but alas it was a work day for me.

Well done, girls!

Marilyn said...

Wish we could have dropped in. You do great things. Thanks for your inspiration.

Michelle said...

What a good day, thanks for giving us the opprotunity!

Elder Cook said...

Oh how I wish I could be there to help. I am so sick I can barely get my head off the pillow. You are amazing Circe! Thank you
I would like to of met all the great people there. Looks like it was a fun time!

Oh and a mom called me about Chinese New Year so hopefully we can all get together.

I need to get over whatever I have quickly!