Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's a January Thing





Some might call it a disease or an addiction, but I can stop anytime I want. I don't keep changing my kids' rooms around because I have to. It's not like I'm compulsive. I promise to stop...right after I get Freestone's room warmed up and homey enough to relax in. He has a paint color picked out that he says is "just puhfect."

All the room changes...it's a January thing. It's because it's cold outside and stuffy inside that I just want to bring Spring to the land with a little Spring cleaning. Araceli's room was my target today because her beautiful hot air balloon bedding is untenable for her. It's heavy and there are tons of pillows that are always on the floor with dolls on them, hence perpetual messiness. I pulled out an old pink bedspread, used the brown pillows from the hot air balloon set, moved the furniture and cleaned out the closets. Some of the hot air balloon pillows are decorating Ptolemy's crib. Don't worry about suffocation; he has yet to sleep in there.

Araceli loved the new look and immediately settled in to read one of her many new "chapter books." Only after she got her dolls tucked into their cribs, though. They like the new digs, too. They were tired of sleeping on makeshift beds on the floor amid half-realized art projects and first drafts of short stories that spilled from Araceli's creative little head. The room makeover won't stop Ari from creating chaos out of order, but for tonight, it's puhfect.

6 comments:

laurel said...

Love it! I get that way too in Jan. You are so talented. Is there anything you don't do? Love the cell....we did that right before Thanksgiving. They are fun and not to bad. Once you have made a cell, you make many! I am fine for a "during the school day party." I just need to be back by 3:30.

Anonymous said...

I love Ari's room. It is nice to have color inside when outside is January blah.

Michelle said...

I think I am suffering from the same disease. I am going shopping Monday with my mom for a new quilt for my bed, new tableclothes for the new table and have new pictures ordered for the family room. Glad we share the same madness, Ari's room looks great!

Jennie said...

I know what you mean. After our cleaning frenzy today I wanted to come home and tackle my office.

I lover her room. It looks like a perfect place for her beloved babies.

Jenny said...

I love the makeovers. It's like our own hometown version of Extreme Home Makeover! How fun! Keep those pictures coming!

Amanda said...

Hey, if you run out of rooms at your house and are still craving redecorating, feel free to head over to my house. There's PLENTY here to decorate since hardly anything has been decorated at all. It's like a blank canvas at your disposal!