Friday, January 8, 2010

Gotta Love a Challenge




Earlier today, I was pondering Emmanuel Kant's theory on deontological ethics in relation to post-modern Islamic society and...

Who am I trying to kid? Earlier today, what I was thinking was, "Oh! I can't forget to...uh...duh..." I don't think I've completed a thought since July. It's all I can do to keep the dog inside and the cat outside, and to keep track of all the kids. (I think there are six.) So I AM losing my mind. I think we're pretty clear on that. I blame it on Andrew Lloyd Webber. I used up way too many brain cells in 1989 trying to figure out the lyrics to CATS.

I have started studying the kids' homework to bolster my brain power. Freestone is doing some pretty tough geometry, and in French, no less. Sneaking his papers and translating them has really helped me in my French lessons. For science, I've been studying Golda's baked goods. She made a round cake to represent a cell, with some help from cute little Xanthe. Now if Golda will just keep making educational cakes, I'll be able to hold onto my sanity. If, on the other hand, you see me babbling and chewing on Ptolemy's walker toys, we're in trouble. I shouldn't have to go all the way back to relearning basic hand-eye coordination. As the music majors say, "If it ain't Baroque, don't fix it." As of yet, I still have full use of my arms. Well, one of them, anyway. The other one is usually holding Ptolemy.

P. S. In the interest of full disclosure, I wrote this blog to amuse Trajan, who challenged me to write a post using the words cat, Cats, Emmanuel Kant's theory on deontological ethics in relation to post-modern Islamic society, Xanthe is cute, and Baroque as a homonym for broke. Your turn, Traj! I'll text you your list of words.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Sadly, looking at my children's homework just makes me want to cry, because I can't remember how to do it... (the 5th grade math is particularly humiliating)

That danged ALW, and as it turns out some of those lyrics were a bit random?!

Thanks for the smile.

The Brown Family said...

Nice job :) And what a fun idea!

Kim

C and MC said...

Fabulous job Golda! Your cell looks perfect. One day you'll learn to love those mitochondria - the power house of the cell. :)

laurel said...

Ha Ha Ha!

Jennie said...

That is so funny. See, you really CAN do anything!

Michelle said...

If anyone could be up for this challenge it would be you! Now I want to see your brothers!