Saturday, January 2, 2010

Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot?


Of course not! We never want to forget all our old friends and all the good times we have had with them. We delight in our new friends, those we know through adoption or the blog or the neighborhood. Christmas cards are my favorite part of the holiday season. Usually, I file them all in a binder as they come in and leaf through the pages throughout the holidays. This year for the first time, I displayed our friends' cards and pictures on the wall on the landing of the stairs. The newsletters were in a basket on the floor. Several times, I took a few minutes out to sit on the stairs and look at all the pictures or browse the cards or reread the letters. Love all of you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is A LOT of cards! We don't even KNOW that many people, let alone get cards from all of them. You must be loved!

Jennie said...

I love your wall. Cards are my thing as well. We can be card junkies together. :)

Michelle said...

Great idea!

Amanda said...

I love Christmas cards too. It's the only time of year I get mail that's not bills and boring stuff. I also hang up my cards. I figure people spend good money buying them and sending them to me, the least I can do is enjoy them for the month before tossing them away. I've been putting off taking mine off the walls for days now. They're so fun!

Circe said...

I love the cards
love you I'm 8