Sunday, October 24, 2010

39 Things I Love

 Picture taken by Xanthe!  Good job, X!
Happy birthday to me! On my thirty-ninth birthday, here are 39 things I love about my life at 39:

1. Being married to the love of my life
2. Having all my children here with me
3. Living in a house that I love
4.  Having the Gospel to help me teach my kids and direct my life
5. Having my parents living practically in our back yard!
6. Family so close by
7. Cousins!
8. Having learned the very useful skill of saying NO!
9. Teaching ballet
10. Having violin students again after a few years' break
11. Knowing what I'm doing in the violin shop business
12. The people I get to make friendships with through my violin shop
13. Thursday lunches with my oldest friends
14. Reading good books
15. Relying on close friends
16. Scott working with my dad and Josh
17. Book club
18. Raising kids in my hometown
19.  Excellent public schools
20.  The French Immersion program
21.  My kids having school, music and dance teachers who are wonderful.
22.  Hot chocolate
23.  David's Pizza
24.  The beautiful mountain view I have driving up and down Crestwood Road
25.  Fond childhood memories
26.  That I'm not as stupid as I was in college
27.  The creative outlet of writing on my blog
28.  Two great brothers, lots of great in-laws
29.  The blessing of being able to protect and provide for our children
30.  The political stability of the democracy we are fortunate enough to live in
31.  Family vacations
32.  Listening to my kids practice
33.  Our favorite Vietnamese restaurant, Kim Long.  The owners gave me cake for my birthday!
34.  Chocolate chip cookies
35.  Color
36.  Living in a time when there are so many options for women
37.  Being healthy
38.  Having been able to adopt Xanthe
39.  Having Ptolemy when we almost didn't get to have him

Mostly, I'm thankful that it's so easy to come up with 39 things off the top of my head that I love about my life.  I'm happy right here, right now, and so thankful to be able to say that.  If you're a friend of mine, go indulge in a little treat for yourself in honor of my birthday.  Have a good one!

13 comments:

Jacy said...

Happy Birthday, Circe!! You are an awesome mom and a great friend! Hope your day was amazing! -Jacy

Nate said...

Happy birthday Circe! You are an incredible and inspiring person.

The homestead said...

Happy birthday! I am also thankful for your blog that keeps me up to date with your family. For a Sunday birthday you need to celebrate all next week.

Jennie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had a wonderful day - even though it was rainey and cold. But... what perfect weather for staying inside a warm cozy house and enjoying your day. We've been thinking of you all day. Thanks for letting us drop in on you guys. I hope you don't break a tooth on that apple. ;) Sorry, we tried.

sws said...

Such an important day! I can't believe you are only 39! So many birthday party memories......hope today was also memorable one. Happy, Happy Birthday!! We love you!!

Jennie said...

oops! I meant rainy weather.

But... I guess rain beats snow. That is the forecast for my b-day. :)

Love the framed b-day pics. Can't wait to see them up on the walls. Adorable!

Brent and Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Circe!! I love your blog it is my outlet and enjoyment for a moment! You are a great mom and fantastic person.

Lisa and Tate said...

Happy Birthday Circe!!! You are an amazing and incredible 39 yrs old!

Michelle said...

On my list would definitely be getting to share our birthdays all of these years. I hope you had a fantastic birthday weekend! I am so glad you have been and always will be one of my favorite friends!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday ! (Ahem, and you say YOU need to only eat salads for lunch/dinner? I beg to differ!)

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a hot 39 year old you are!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fun, fun day! You deserve it because you make life for everyone around you fun! Wow! A free cake from your favorite restaurant? You must be a VERY good customer. :)

Kristi said...

You are ridiculously cute, witty, and charming! Love the list, love the picture, love your blog.

Happy, Happy Birthday!!

BTW, Thanks so much for the Halloween party invite - we have a family party here at 6, but if we can sneak away before that we just might stop by. :)