Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday Art Gallery

Welcome to my Saturday art gallery. Our show today consists of works from children ages four to thirteen. Enjoy!
Henry's scary spider. I love its angry expression!  Age 6
Freestone's sketch has a lot of detail and minimalist amounts of paint.  He was very careful. Age 7.
Golda copied a book cover from The Hallo-Weiner. Cute!

A monster house with bloody fangs, ready to eat a beautiful princess by Araceli.  Scary!  Age 8
Emma's Halloween collection.  Great skeleton!  Age 8
Two Evil Villains by Ellison, the Headless Horseman and Click-Click Clash.  She sketched it first, then painted it.  Wow!  Age 9
Joshie doesn't know what this is.  He was going from the gut.  :)  Age 4

Uh-oh.  Well, THIS was bound to happen.  Oops!




That's Esmae and Xanthe by Xanthe.  Age 5

Henry's headless horseman.  Is that awesome or WHAT?

Another of Xanthe's portraits of Xanthe and Esmae.
Portrait of Xanthe by Esmae.  First she painted the face brown.  Then she looked at Xanthe and painted over it in yellow.  So funny!  Age 4

Araceli was inspired by an artist in Imperial Beach who teaches art to children every Saturday for free. His students have done artwork all over town, including the outside of Bibby's Shell Shop! Yes, that was done by kids. No wonder Araceli was so inspired. I was too! I vowed to give my kids more opportunities to express their creativity through art. That's why, when Ari informed me that she was going to invite her friends over to paint on Saturday, I was thrilled. I must say, the results were amazing. All kids are artists, and I think the kids who invaded my kitchen this morning have to be among the most creative and wonderful in the world!  I love what they can do with no grown-up interference. Aren't they inspiring with their free spirits?

2 comments:

sws said...

Thank you for including my kids....what a wonderful rainy day Saturday activity. How fun to see all the work. Wow!

Nate said...

What a great rainy day activity. I love that you encourage creativity like that:)