Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloweeeeeeeeeen!


 Beautiful light at sunset trick-or-treating on our usual route.

 Bill was verrrrry scary!

 Ptolemy and Camden and their people.

Estafania and Juan, some of my favorite students.
Els and Ars















 Collin.  He looked scarier in real life.  Here, he just looks adorable.


 Neeley and Kayla

 Best friends
 Ari and Kiptyn
Notice Freestone's costume?  He gets these completely unreasonable ideas that nobody can talk him out of.  He claimed that I threw his zombie costume in the garbage and told him I would buy him one at the store.  Insane, but I know Freestone well enough to predict which battles I can win.  Not this one.  For a couple of bucks, I took him to Family Dollar and let him pick out this hideous mask with the cheap read-and-black striped shirt.  He could not have been more pleased.  Go figure.

 Xanthe's costume is either a devil riding a unicorn or just The Costume Closet.  She has trouble deciding between things for fear she'll miss out.  She probably had a ballet costume on under all that, like she did at the trunk-or-treat last week.  It came in handy when she got hot inside the church and took off the devil costume to reveal a yellow tutu.
 Neeley wrote this cute little note.  Thanks, Neeley!  Your note is really special, and I love it.  I love you, too!
 Thank heavens for old recital costumes that are THIS cute!!



I think I might love Halloween the best out of all the holidays.  It has the best colors, the best season and it's visually stunning with the costumes and the fall backdrop.  The weather was rudely rainy for our annual party, but it managed to hold out during the festivities.  This year, the kids went from our house to Coco and Bill's, to Josh and Emily's Ghost Gully, and then all the way around the block, trick-or-treating at the neighbors' houses who had agreed to participate.  It might have been the biggest party yet, with the best guess being about 130 kids.  Since we planned for a hundred, I felt like there wasn't as much candy this year, but Scott assures me there was.  We added a fun new spectacle, too:  Scott and me arguing about how to throw the candy off the deck for the Candy Toss.  Fun and entertaining for everyone!  Next year, there will be more candy.  Halloween is about excess.  Just ask Xanthe, if you can find her under her layers of costumes.

9 comments:

Jennie said...

Thanks for a great party! We had a great time. You were able to get some great pictures. Do you think I could say GREAT just one more time. :) But.... it was. The day was Great - despite the rain. Thanks for always being the FUN mom. We are all so lucky to have you.

ps- I hope the boys enjoyed our back door knock tonight. Lex and I were taking her friend home and decided to give all the big boys a little scare on Halloween. I think we failed. :)

C and MC said...

Even though we were there post-actual party, it was so fun! Thanks for the invite (and the costume!) It was a great beginning to our Halloween night.

Maria said...

So sad we missed it! I hope we can come next year!!! LOVE all the costumes.:)

Anonymous said...

Best one yet! Really this year!
Brittany

laurel said...

WOw. Serious partying over there.

Michelle said...

It was fabulous as always! Now I wished I had paid better attention, I feel bad I missed out on the candy argument. Scott was right, there was plenty of candy!Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another amazing party. Our kids will always remember the fun memories you create for them. You are the best!
Scott

Nate said...

Looks like a really fun party at your place! You are the best at parties. So sorry we missed it. Between the rain and Yao's Yao's cold we didn't venture further than our street. I like that Xanthe had her ballet costume underneath the devil outfit. Never can tell which one you need:)

Kristi said...

So fun!! I wanted to bring Lily, but our day was too full. Maybe next year. You are so good at celebrations of every kind. :)