Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ruined




 Well, I've ruined my last remaining perfect child.  I drove up to the McDonald's drive-through the other day and Ptolemy started whining, "I Coke!  I Coke!"  Sad, huh?  Not only does he recognize the tragically iconic giant cup with a straw, but he recognizes the drive-through before we even get the drink.  The same thing happened to Golda when she was a baby.  One look at the Wendy's logo and she would say automatically, "Nuggies!  Want Nuggies!"  In my defense, there was almost nothing to do in Moscow, Idaho, except go to Wendy's or drive to the bear preserve.  That, and troll Wal-Mart for clearance items.  You can only stay home for so long!  (In my case, one episode of Barney and a ten minute game of peek-a-boo and we're packing the diaper bag.)

Poor little Ptolemy has a mom who is operating on a fraction of the brain cells she had in 1989, for example, when she decided it would be a good idea to drive to Jackson Hole at midnight in a blizzard.  (Thanks again for stopping us, Marlene!)  Does that put it into perspective for you?  I'm still unclear about how Tolly got this stick of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!"  I know I was on the phone, fixing dinner and helping four kids with homework at the time, so I'm lucky I handed him something that wasn't toxic.  By the way, I can't believe it's not butter either.  I thought it was when I bought it.

8 comments:

laurel said...

This is so funny! Love every single thing...from the coke, to the drive thru to the butter. Man, this was a great post. One your sweet little one will LOVE and use against you when he is older.

Michelle said...

SOOO funny! I think you are great with your remaining brain cells! All perfect children must fall at some point. Remember when I used to make Brittany's crackers from scratch? Yeah I am so glad that is over!

Sarah Smiles said...

I know the feeling! Making dinner and helping 4 kids with homework all at the same time and hoping my 2 year old is still alive somewhere. You are so funny! I love your posts!

Maria said...

I can sooo relate! The twins will get very excited whenever we drive through any place. If they don't get something in return they are livid! Thanks for the laugh today!

The Brown Family said...

You are awesome! And super funny! I'm a lucky duck I've got you for a friend :)

Kim

Eliza2006 said...

I've ruined my youngest as well. He insists on Coke and I let him sit on the counter and eat butter. He even pushes me into the pantry and insists on marshmallows. What's a girl to do?

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog about Tolly!
It was so interesting.
Tolly is so cute!
You have the cutest baby in the world!

Circe said...

Anon. was Ari. She's such a cutie!