Saturday, October 9, 2010

Syrup That Will Make Your Life Complete

There is a syrup recipe so heavenly it will make you want to build a swimming pool in your back yard and fill it with syrup.  And here it is, from my anonymous friend who served it at lunch this week:

 2 sticks of butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla

Please use a large pot to make this.  (Once you add the baking soda, it bubbles like cauldron.)
Melt butter, then add sugar and buttermilk.  Bring to a boil and boil for two minutes.  Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda.  Stir well.

Go ahead, make a batch.  It was so delicious, Freestone said, "I never imagined myself eating homemade syrup that's better than regular syrup!"  He then proceeded to lick his plate completely clean.  Shortly after eating our syrup-soaked pancakes and French toast, we all fell into a happy sugar coma for two hours, like a den of lions after a big kill.  Bliss!

5 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

I had this about 10 years ago and have been searching for the recipe! THANKS!!!!

laurel said...

I love the picture! And, we will definately try it at our house....a clean licked plate is the best testiment anything can get.

Kristi said...

mmmm... I adore buttermilk syrup. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

That pic of Freestone is cracking me up. awesome!

Shane and Kenzie said...

Ah my Mom makes this syrup and it truly is DELICIOUS! Anything with lots of butter and buttermilk is bound to be amazing, wouldn't you agree? :)

Michelle said...

It was soooo good! I am still dreaming about it!