Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Super Powers


Freestone is full of one-liners and quips lately.  The other day when I asked Xanthe if she wanted to take gymnastics so she could be a cheerleader like Lexie, Freestone said, "Mom, now you're just trying to think up ways for Xanthe to be even louder."  Later, I heard him singing the national anthem with his own lyrics:  "Oh say can you see...the weirdos in my family?!..."

So, I was reading the Lightning Thief books and trying to explain what the books call a half-blood.  I told Freestone it was when one of your parents is a regular human and one is a super hero.  I asked Freestone which of his parents he thought was the super hero.  He answered, "Daddy."  (Really?  Even though I have the super-human ability to get three different kids to baseball practice, cello and ballet simultaneously, on time, while I serve dinner, oversee homework and shout, "That's a B-flat!"?)

"Daddy?  Why?  What is his super power?"

"He can always tell when I have my shirt on backwards and inside-out."

I snorted.  "How is he going to save the planet with that super power?"

Freestone isn't sure...yet.  But if anyone can find a way to save the world with his remarkable ability to detect inside-out and backwards apparel, it's Scott.  So you can all relax.  The world is in good hands.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Not the evil inside-out and backwards shirt man! Quick, call Scott!

michelle said...

I am so relieved! Love it!

love.boxes said...

I have had suspicions that Scott has been holding out on us for some time now. :)

Kristi said...

Ah, Freestone - that kid is hilarious.

And yes, not to undermine your mad skills, but I do think there is a fairly good possibility that Scott could be a super hero...

laurel said...

I am totally loving that! He is really funny. I love all the things he says that you share.

By the way, I just finished (per your recommendation on your side bar) the Wednesday Wars. Really good! I started Trouble today. Thanks.