Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cabo

This time of year is not for me, here in Utah.  I get a little stir crazy, with emphasis on the CRAZY.  It's ugly here this time of year, and I rely on my surroundings to be beautiful so that I can drink in energy and happiness.  I can't drink in happiness from mud.

A few days ago I got an alert from Southwest Airlines about some deals.  I had my finger on the button to book a trip to Cabo when I remembered that A) Scott was already going to be on a trip this weekend, to Vegas and B) my passport expired in February.  Well, that's too bad, because the hotel we were going to stay at was really cute, and I've never been to Mexico, beside Tijuana, and I'm pretty sure Tijuana is just a movie set designed to make tourists think they traveled to another country.

So Scott is in Vegas and I'm cleaning out the garage because, let's face it, this travel mania has to be channeled into something useful or I might behave rashly, not that I've ever behaved rashly before, but it could happen.  Also, I spent a couple of hours Wednesday renewing my passport; getting pictures taken, filling out forms, making sure the staples are all facing the right direction, sending it in with a check because apparently the government doesn't know about credit cards or ways to make things more efficient.  But it's done, and in a few weeks, I'll add my old passport to the pile of expired passports of mine, with holes punched in it.  With my new passport in hand, I'll hover over the "confirm" button of a trip to who-knows-where and then I'll balk because - soon it will be greener here and I'll look outside every morning and be content to stay in my little paradise forever.  Or at least until next January.  I hear Cabo is nice in January.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Lol! Great self control! Canada is beautiful...but not right now. Meet you in Cabo?! 😊