Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Picture Day

I feel so badly for the photography company that takes our school pictures.  It's nice of them, but we don't need these pictures.  Maybe everyone else buys them, I don't know, but at $14 a sheet, there's no way.  I get annoyed when the pictures are sent home with a bill.  I didn't order them, and now I have to send them back.  Not before I take a picture of them, however!  Is this wrong?  I don't think so; I didn't ask for these photos to be brought to my house.  I take like a hundred pictures a day!  I will say, Xanthe looks cute, except for her shrunken arm...
 But this?  This is the best they can do when they're trying to get parents to fall in love with these pictures?  I can see his tummy!  I can see the inside of his jacket!  It's not their fault he's wearing this hideous outfit, but at least zip up the jacket and have him sit up straight.
 So...a coat?  OK, Freestone.  Whatever.  My kids are adorable, and I commend the school picture company for trying to keep alive a dying practice.  I want to support them.  Wait, no I don't.  This model doesn't make sense in the digital age, and plus, I'm still trying to pay off school fees assessed at the beginning of the year.  College, with scholarships, is literally going to be less expensive than high school for Golda.  We'll probably have to take our own pictures of her, though.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maybe you could broker a trade with the company? :)

Jennifer said...

P.S. When Kyle left for college I found the picture envelope from 6th grade that I never ordered, and obviously never returned. The guilt! Every year these are the cheesiest pictures ever.

sws said...

Your commentary is totally funny! I rarely send them back & rarely pay. "Their problem is not my problem." Everything gets lost in the stack of papers, ads and junk mail that I have to sort through to find the actual school work. Isn't that the point of school?

Catherine said...

Lol! Thanks for the giggle! We missed both of Hannah's picture days this year and I was sorry...until I read this! When we finally have green grass and flowers I'll be taking our own SK grad photos!

michelle said...

So funny!

The Mink Family said...

Oh my word..... His tummy!!! Seriously, I can NOT contain my laughter at this post!!! So funny and true!! I can't get over the fact that they let his coat and tummy pass "initial inspection" before clicking the picture! Good thing your kids are darling!!