Monday, March 2, 2015

Winter Recital



 Since Golda began driving, I've been able to take on twice the number of violin students with all my free time!  So now I have ten students, 11 counting Ptolemy, and I love teaching them.  Friday was our first recital of Winter/Spring semester, and everyone played very well.  Half of the little kids, being brand-new students, played parts of Twinkle Variation A, Tocca Tocca Stop Stop, otherwise known as the bane of every Suzuki parent's existence.  We hear it a lot!  I actually don't mind it when Tocca Tocca gets stuck in my head for days on end.  I'm used to ignoring it.

Ptolemy played "The Bread" of the Twinkle variation, and it was perfect.  I was too busy to to get a video of him, and I'm so sad!  But between running the show, managing Tziporah (she brought luggage to unpack in front of everyone) and being Ptolemy's mom/teacher, I didn't know where my camera was when he started playing.  He's coming right along, with the incentive of buying a voodoo doll every day out of a machine at Dylan's.  Ptolemy is obsessive about these things, just like Freestone.  Whatever it takes. I say!

I love the connection I am able to develop with these wonderful families.  As a teacher, I have learned that you go into the student/parent/teacher relationship with unconditional love toward the parent and the student.  From there, everything flows.  I feel lucky to have these children and their families in my life.  Thanks, everyone.

No comments: