Friday, March 27, 2015

I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag


 I read this highly entertaining book that I picked up at the dollar store called "I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag."  It's a memoir by a high-end party planner in Manhattan.  I loved the colors of the book and the title, so I made it the theme of Shelter lunch.  Sometimes we include little goodie bags with lunch, so it was funny.  At least to me.


 Lunch always includes chocolate and Diet Coke, the two secret ingredients to sanity, if not downright happiness.  We had Wingers sticky fingers salad this time.  It was spicy.  No matter, there were plenty of non-spicy peanut M & M's at my end of the table, and lots of good conversation.  Two hours a week sails by in the blink of an eye, and I always feel not only like I unfairly dominated the conversation, but that we didn't have nearly enough time to cover all the necessary topics.  Maybe if I would shut up, we could cover more!
 This lunch also included these three Dance Company runaways, who stopped by for a quick bite.  It's always fun to see each other's kids.  We love 'em all!  We just don't promise them goodie bags. 

2 comments:

michelle said...

It was fantastic! You never dominate, I always think I do! What will we do next week with no Shelter? We need an extra long one the following week!

Jennie said...

Thanks so much for a beautiful afternoon. What would we do without Shelter.