Friday, April 17, 2015

A Day of Music


 Golda participated in her last flute Federation last Saturday.  Scott took her, since it was during Xanthe's birthday party.  As with every Federation, Golda grumbled a lot.  "Why did I sign up for this?  Why am I doing this?  I wish I didn't have to do this!"  Her pieces were on an endless loop the week of Federation, both on recordings as she worked on memorization, and live as she practiced.  I love that Federation made her practice, during some weeks that were so full of other things that flute might have taken a back seat if there weren't a pressing need to perfect something.
 And perfect she did, despite the dread leading up to her performance.

Even better, Mai Buns, the new Oh Mai on 8th and State.  I was wishing I could have been at Federation, but when Scott and Golda celebrated at Mai Buns, I was even more envious!  Another good job done, Golda.  I'm so proud of you!

Scott got home from Mai Buns just in time to show up at Freestone's Book 3 graduation recital and take him out to dinner after.  Good job, Freestone!  He learned and memorized the Bach Bourree to near perfection.  I loved playing it with him every day in preparation for the recital.

Scott went from his big celebratory dinner with Freestone in Layton, back to Salt Lake with Golda and Ruby to see Christiana Bennett, one of the girls' heroes, in her last performance before retiring from Ballet West.  And did I mention this was on the Saturday of the Masters?

1 comment:

sws said...

You guys are soooo dedicated! It's inspiring to me.