Friday, April 3, 2015

Blossoming






It was March Madness and instead of watching basketball, Scott's greatest desire was to drive to the capitol and walk under the blossoming trees.  He even said, "I don't know what's wrong with me!"  We diagnosed the problem as: it's too hard to watch sports with 7 kids around.  It's not like you can just check out for two hours.  So it's easier not to try.  I'm sure Scott caught the highlights later.  We made it to the capitol just at the perfect time of day, the golden hour.  In the brief time we had, we circumnavigated the grounds, drove through the avenues and went home.

I feel blessed to be married to my best friend.  He started out pretty great, but he gets more perfect each day.  I call it evolution that a guy can go from spending all his free time and spare change on himself as a young single guy, to giving it all to his family; the time, the money, the devotion, and willingly.  As intoxicating as he was when he was 18 and had hair to spare and sexy tennis skills, it takes my breath away to think what a giant of a man has grown up inside that boy.  I think I'll keep him.

2 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Wish you could clone him a couple of times. I know a lot of single ladies in need of such a great guy.

Catherine said...

I love to hear a wife sing the praises of her husband!! Like Lisa, I too wish you could clone him...oh yah, and please request a Baptist clone. 😉

PS This crazy Canadian thought you were contemplating driving to the Capitol in DC!! (Not that I would pu it past you for s moment but even I know that is a looong way!!)

How neat that your trees are blooming! We're still in the thick of straw like grass and barren sticks here.